Ideas - Refined

After I had a chat with my tutor, he helped me narrow down my list and said which ideas he liked, so we went through the list and crossed off the ones which didn't really have much 'flavour'. Here is what we came up with:

Turn based Strategy - control units of troops on real battlefields

Racing - race around tabletops and surfaces with tiny vehicles

Sniper game - use an AR device (such as vita) to aim and snipe tiny enemies

RPG - control a custom character around randomly generated environments, projected wherever

God game - raise and manage a civilisation

Pet management - look after a tiny pet with augmented reality

Life Sim - Similar to The Sims series only with augmented reality, build house and can interact with friends

Chopper Collect - Virtual chooper flying around real environment collecting items or rescuing people

Jet Fighters - Dog fights in jets flying around rooms

Brawling Fighting Game - fight a life size virtual opponent 

Fireman - put out virtual fires in your own home or work place

Rampage - stop and destroy virtual cities as if you was godzilla

The list was halfed and I now only had six ideas, but I still needed to half it yet again and choose three for the concept documents...


I spent a while weighing the possibilites of each idea, what could be accomplished and whether or not the idea would make it as a decent game or a gimmick that'd be played for a few mins before the player is bored.

I decided to go with:

Turn based Strategy 
Racing
Pet management

Now I needed to do more reseach into those areas before I further develop the ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment